All you need to Know About Septic Tank Pumping
You have new septic tank installed and we want to congratulate you.Responsible waste control is what few people in America practice and you are one of those people.A septic tank is not a cheap installation therefore it must be done with care and responsibility.Main topic of this article will be how to maintain a septic tank.
Pumping of the septic tank
When my tank should be pumped? How many times in a year should I do it? Can it be done by myself? Many customers are prone to ask these three questions. How many times you will need to do the pumping will be determined by a few factors. How many of your family members live in your home? Employees, how many of them do you have? The number of people using the facilities in your house or your company determines how many times you need to clean and pump your septic tank. Adding to that, the size of your tank is a very important factor which determines the frequency of pumping out the waste. A normal sized tank should be pumped once every two to three years ideally. In a case of a large organization, you might be required to clean and pump the tank twice in three years. Can the tank be pumped by you? Well, the answer is yes. There are homeowners who prefer to pump their septic tanks. However, it could be costly because having the right equipment to do that is a must. In a addition to that, you need to transport that waste and dispose in the right place. The best solution is to hire professionals for cleaning and pumping your tank. Armed with better equipment, these professionals are in the business of installing and maintaining septic tanks. Where to take the sludge and ways to dispose it is something what they know as well.
Septic Tank Pumping Cost
Number of pumping determines the cost of pumping a septic tank. Standard cost is $300 in most states of America. Meaning, most homeowners will spend between $250 and $450. Leaving your tank to accumulate waste for a long period of time wouldn´t be recommended because you could spend up to $10000. Leaving the waste for years will rise the price making it more difficult to clean out. Probably you will have to replace the tank, too.
Maintenance of the septic tank
You must do the following if you want to avoid spending thousands of dollars replacing your tank.
- Drawing a simple map showing where the tank is from your house or office.The distance between the two should be indicated, as well as the depth and the width of the tank.It is very important since most tanks are out of sight and odorless.
- Keeping the record of the times your tank has been inspected is desirable.Usually, septic tanks are inspected by local authorities.Doing a regular tank check and keeping the record of it is a must.Details of when, who and what happened during the inspection must be written in these records.
- Avoid things like plastics, paper towels, diapers, chemotherapy drugs and anti-bacterial hand washing soaps in disposal.In the septic tank, a bacteria cannot decompose these things.
- You could get tempted to plant some shrub or trees over you tank.Maintaining the simple biological processes that go in your tank is very crucial.If you want to save your money, you should follow the instructions and it will extend its life.
- Keep your car off the top of the tank.Building structures over it should be avoided as well.Pressure on the tank will be put by buildings and vehicles and this can cause leakage.
- Very important to remember, the repair man should be able to locate your tank easily in a case of an emergency.
Septic Tank Cleaning Near Me in Ajax
Plumbing companies that have the equipment that can pump your septic tank are in a majority.Local authorities offer you the services too.See to it to deal with a reputable company.
Hire The Professionals
Up to twenty years a well maintained tank can last.The best care taker of your tank is you.Doing your homework, you will save a lot of money.To avoid the bad odor, remember, you have to have your tank well maintained.You don´t know who to call to pump your tank, then contact MegaSeptic.
Services we provide:
Communities we service around Ajax, ON
1A0: Brougham 1C0: Pickering (Cherrywood)* 1E0: Pickering (Claremont)* 1G0: Gormley 1H0: Greenwood 1J0: Locust Hill 1K0: Markham (Milliken)* 1L0: Stouffville* 1M0: Whitevale 0A1: Kleinburg 1A0: North York (Black Creek Village)* 1B0: Brampton (Huttonville)* 1C0: Kleinburg 1E0: Vaughan (Maple)* 1K0: Mississauga (Meadowvale)* 1A0: Bolton* 1B0: Campbellville 1C0: Caledon (Cheltenham)* 1E0: Hornby 1G0: Kilbride* 1H0: Limehouse 1J0: Moffat 1K0: Norval 1M0: Brampton (Snelgrove)* 1N0: Terra Cotta 1R0: Acton* 1A0: Alton 1B0: Caledon (Belfountain)* 1C0: Caledon (Caledon Village)* 1E0: Caledon East 1G0: Grand Valley 1H0: Honeywood 1J0: Horning’s Mills* 1K0: Caledon (Inglewood)* 1L0: Laurel* 1M0: Mansfield 1N0: Orton 1P0: Palgrave 1R0: Rosemont 1S0: Shelburne 1A0: Beeton 1B0: Bond Head 1C0: Bradford* 1E0: Cedar Valley 1H0: Holland Landing* 1J0: Kettleby* 1K0: King City* 1L0: Loretto 1M0: Mount Albert 1N0: Nobleton 1P0: Oak Ridges* 1R0: Queensville 1S0: River Drive Park* 1T0: Schomberg 1V0: Sharon 1W0: Tottenham 1X0: Lake Wilcox* 1Y0: Holland Landing*
Ontario Cities We Service: