All you need to Know About Septic Tank Pumping
You have new septic tank installed and we want to congratulate you.Responsible waste control is what few people in America practice and you are one of those people.Septic Tank must be installed with care and responsibly because it is not a cheap installation.Main topic of this article will be how to maintain a septic tank.
Septic tank – the pumping
When my tank should be pumped? How often do I have to do it? Is it possible to do it on my own? Many customers are prone to ask these three questions. How many times you will need to do the pumping will be determined by a few factors. How many of your family members live in your home? What is the number of employees working for you? The number of cleaning and pumping of your septic tank will be determined by the number of people using the facilities in your house or your company. Adding to that, the size of your tank is a very important factor which determines the frequency of pumping out the waste. An ideal solution for a normal sized tank, it should be pumped once every two to three years. If you have a large organization, cleaning and pumping the tank twice in three years might be required. Is it possible to pump your tank by you? Well, yes, you could. There are homeowners in existence who prefer to pump their septic tanks. This is costly, however, because you must have the right equipment to do that. In a addition to that, you need to transport that waste and dispose in the right place. The best solution is to hire professionals for cleaning and pumping your tank. These professionals in the business of installing and maintaining septic tanks are armed with better equipment. They know where to take the sludge and ways to dispose it as well.
Charge of Septic Tank Pumping
How often you do the pumping will determine the cost of pumping a septic tank. Standard cost is $300 in most states of America. According to that, most homeowners will spend between $250 and $450. Leaving your tank to accumulate waste for a long period of time wouldn´t be recommended because you could spend up to $10000. The price of cleaning out will rise because of the waste that is left for years. More likely you would be asked to replace the tank, too.
Maintenance of the septic tank
If you don´t prefer spending thousands of dollars replacing your tank, then you must do the following.
- Make a simple map that shows where the tank is from your house or office. Very important to have indicated the distance between the two, as well as the depth and width of the tank.It is very important since most tanks are out of sight and odorless.
- Keeping the record of the times your tank has been inspected is desirable.Usually, septic tanks are inspected by local authorities.Doing a regular tank check and keeping the record of it is a must.These records should have sufficient details of when, who and what happened during the inspection.
- Avoid things like plastics, paper towels, diapers, chemotherapy drugs and anti-bacterial hand washing soaps in disposal.The bacteria cannot decompose these things in the septic tank.
- You might get the temptation to plant some shrub or trees over your tank.Maintaining the simple biological processes that go in your tank is very crucial.Doing so, it will prolong its life and save your money.
- Keep your car off the top of the tank.Resist the building structures over it.Pressure on the tank will be put by buildings and vehicles and this can cause leakage.
- Important to note, in case of an emergency the repair man should be able to locate your tank easily.
Septic Tank Cleaning nearby in Aurora
Majority of plumbing companies have the equipment that can pump your septic tank.Local authorities offer you the services too.Dealing with reputable company is what we recommend.
Hire The Professionals
Up to twenty years a well maintained tank can last.Your tank should expect the best care from you.Doing your work well, you will save a lot of money.Having the odorless tank is the best sign of well maintained tank.If you want to pump your tank and you don´t know who to call, contact MegaSeptic.
Services we provide:
Communities we service around Aurora, ON
1A0: Brougham 1C0: Pickering (Cherrywood)* 1E0: Pickering (Claremont)* 1G0: Gormley 1H0: Greenwood 1J0: Locust Hill 1K0: Markham (Milliken)* 1L0: Stouffville* 1M0: Whitevale 0A1: Kleinburg 1A0: North York (Black Creek Village)* 1B0: Brampton (Huttonville)* 1C0: Kleinburg 1E0: Vaughan (Maple)* 1K0: Mississauga (Meadowvale)* 1A0: Bolton* 1B0: Campbellville 1C0: Caledon (Cheltenham)* 1E0: Hornby 1G0: Kilbride* 1H0: Limehouse 1J0: Moffat 1K0: Norval 1M0: Brampton (Snelgrove)* 1N0: Terra Cotta 1R0: Acton* 1A0: Alton 1B0: Caledon (Belfountain)* 1C0: Caledon (Caledon Village)* 1E0: Caledon East 1G0: Grand Valley 1H0: Honeywood 1J0: Horning’s Mills* 1K0: Caledon (Inglewood)* 1L0: Laurel* 1M0: Mansfield 1N0: Orton 1P0: Palgrave 1R0: Rosemont 1S0: Shelburne 1A0: Beeton 1B0: Bond Head 1C0: Bradford* 1E0: Cedar Valley 1H0: Holland Landing* 1J0: Kettleby* 1K0: King City* 1L0: Loretto 1M0: Mount Albert 1N0: Nobleton 1P0: Oak Ridges* 1R0: Queensville 1S0: River Drive Park* 1T0: Schomberg 1V0: Sharon 1W0: Tottenham 1X0: Lake Wilcox* 1Y0: Holland Landing*
Ontario Cities We Service: