Septic Tank Pumping – All what you need to know
New septic tank installed, congratulations!Few people in America control their waste responsibly and you joined to be one of them.Installation of the septic tank doesn´t come cheap therefore it must be installed carefully and responsibly.Main topic of this article will be how to maintain a septic tank.
Septic tank – the pumping
When do I have to pump my tank? How often it has to be done? Is it possible to do it on my own? These three questions are most asked by our customers. The number of pumpings is determined by a few factors. In your home, how many people live? How many employees do you employ? How many times you will need to clean and pump your septic tank depends on the number of people using the facilities in your house or your company. In addition to that, the size of your septic tank is another factor that will determine the frequency of pumping the waste. Pumping once every two to three years should be ideal for a normal sized tank. If you have a large organization, cleaning and pumping the tank twice in three years might be required. Can you pump your own tank? Well, you can. There are homeowners in existence who prefer to pump their septic tanks. However, it could be costly because having the right equipment to do that is a must. Besides, you need to transport that waste and dispose it in the right place. Cleaning and pumping your tank should be left to professionals. These professionals in the business of installing and maintaining septic tanks are armed with better equipment. Not to mention how they know where to take the sludge and ways to dispose it.
Septic Tank Pumping expense
How often you do the pumping will determine the cost of pumping a septic tank. The average cost is $300 in most states of America. What that means is that most homeowners will spend between $250 and $450. But if you leave your tank to accumulate waste for a long period of time, then you might spend up to $10000. The cost would rise that high beacuse waste that is left for years is more difficult to clean out. Probably you will have to replace the tank, too.
Septic Tank Maintenance
You must do the following if you want to avoid spending thousands of dollars replacing your tank.
- A simple map drawn that shows where the tank is from your house or office.The distance between the two should be indicated, as well as the depth and the width of the tank.Very important this is because most thanks are out of sight and odorless.
- Keep the log of the times your tank has been inspected.Local authorities carry out most of the inspections of septic tanks.Checking the tank and keeping a record of it has to be done regularly.These records should have sufficient details of when, who and what happened during the inspection.
- Things like plastics, paper towels, diapers, chemotherapy drugs and anti-bacterial hand washing soaps should be avoided in disposal.In the septic tank, a bacteria cannot decompose these things.
- You might get the temptation to plant some shrub or trees over your tank.To maintain the simple biological processes that happen in your tank is very crucial.It will prolong its life and it will save your money.
- Parking your car on top of the tank should be avoided.Building structures over it should be avoided as well.The leakage can be caused by putting the pressure on the tank with buildings and vehicles on top of it.
- Very important, remember, in case of an emergency the repair man should be able to locate your tank easily.
Septic Tank Cleaning near My House in Brant
Your septic tank can be pumped by most plumbing companies who have the equipment.Local authorities offer you the services too.You should deal with a reputable company.
Deal with the Pros
With proper maintenance, your septic tank can last up to twenty years.You can take the best care of your septic tank.Doing your homework, you will save a lot of money.To have an odorless tank you need to have it well maintained.MegaSeptic is your first choice if you don´t know who to call to pump your tank.
Services we provide:
Communities we service around Brant, ON
1A0: Brougham 1C0: Pickering (Cherrywood)* 1E0: Pickering (Claremont)* 1G0: Gormley 1H0: Greenwood 1J0: Locust Hill 1K0: Markham (Milliken)* 1L0: Stouffville* 1M0: Whitevale 0A1: Kleinburg 1A0: North York (Black Creek Village)* 1B0: Brampton (Huttonville)* 1C0: Kleinburg 1E0: Vaughan (Maple)* 1K0: Mississauga (Meadowvale)* 1A0: Bolton* 1B0: Campbellville 1C0: Caledon (Cheltenham)* 1E0: Hornby 1G0: Kilbride* 1H0: Limehouse 1J0: Moffat 1K0: Norval 1M0: Brampton (Snelgrove)* 1N0: Terra Cotta 1R0: Acton* 1A0: Alton 1B0: Caledon (Belfountain)* 1C0: Caledon (Caledon Village)* 1E0: Caledon East 1G0: Grand Valley 1H0: Honeywood 1J0: Horning’s Mills* 1K0: Caledon (Inglewood)* 1L0: Laurel* 1M0: Mansfield 1N0: Orton 1P0: Palgrave 1R0: Rosemont 1S0: Shelburne 1A0: Beeton 1B0: Bond Head 1C0: Bradford* 1E0: Cedar Valley 1H0: Holland Landing* 1J0: Kettleby* 1K0: King City* 1L0: Loretto 1M0: Mount Albert 1N0: Nobleton 1P0: Oak Ridges* 1R0: Queensville 1S0: River Drive Park* 1T0: Schomberg 1V0: Sharon 1W0: Tottenham 1X0: Lake Wilcox* 1Y0: Holland Landing*
Ontario Cities We Service: