Septic Tank Pumping – All what you need to know
You have new septic tank installed and we want to congratulate you.Few people in America want to control their waste responsibly and you are one of them.Septic Tank must be installed with care and responsibly because it is not a cheap installation.Main topic of this article will be how to maintain a septic tank.
Emptying the septic tank
When is the right moment to pump my tank? How often do I have to do it? Can I do it by myself? These three questions are most asked by our customers. To determine the number of times you need to do the pumping, it needs to be checked by a few factors. How many people reside in your home? How many employees do you employ? The number of cleaning and pumping of your septic tank will be determined by the number of people using the facilities in your house or your company. Adding to that, the size of your septic tank is another factor which determines the frequency of pumping out the waste. A normal sized tank should be pumped once every two to three years ideally. You might be required to clean and pump the tank twice in three years if you have a large organization. Could you pump your tank? Well, yes, you could. There are homeowners who prefer to pump their septic tanks. This is costly, however, because you must have the right equipment to do that. Besides, you need to transport that waste and dispose it in the right place. The best possible solution is to have professionals clean and pump your tank. Armed with better equipment, these professionals are in the business of installing and maintaining septic tanks. Not to mention how they know where to take the sludge and ways to dispose it.
Charge of Septic Tank Pumping
The cost of pumping a septic tank varies on how many times you do the pumping. In most states of America, it would cost around $300 average. According to that, most homeowners will spend between $250 and $450. Leaving your tank to accumulate waste for a long period of time wouldn´t be recommended because you could spend up to $10000. Leaving the waste for years will rise the price making it more difficult to clean out. There is also a possibility of replacing the tank.
Maintenance of the septic tank
You must do the following if you want to avoid spending thousands of dollars replacing your tank.
- A simple map drawn that shows where the tank is from your house or office.The distance between the two should be indicated, as well as the depth and the width of the tank.Most tanks are out of sight and odorless and it very important to indicate the above.
- Keeping the record of the times your tank has been inspected is desirable.Local authorities usually inspect septic tanks.You have the obligation to check the tank on regular basis and keep a record of that as well.These records should contain sufficient details of when, who and what happened during the inspection.
- Make sure to avoid disposing things like plastics, paper towels, diapers, chemotherapy drugs and anti-bacterial hand washing soaps.The bacteria cannot decompose these things in the septic tank.
- You might be tempted to plant some shrub or trees over your tank sometimes.The importance is to maintain the simple biological processes that go in the tank.It will prolong its life and it will save your money.
- On top of the tank you should avoid parking your car.Resist the building structures over it.Leakage is caused by buildings and vehicles which put pressure on the tank.
- Very important to remember, the repair man should be able to locate your tank easily in a case of an emergency.
Septic Tank Cleaning in Brantford
Your septic tank can be pumped by most plumbing companies who have the equipment.The services are offered by the local authorities too.Dealing with reputable company is what we recommend.
Hire The Professionals
With proper maintenance, your septic tank can last up to twenty years.You can take the best care of your septic tank.Doing your homework, you will save a lot of money.Having the odorless tank is the best sign of well maintained tank.MegaSeptic is your first choice if you don´t know who to call to pump your tank.
Services we provide:
Communities we service around Brantford, ON
1A0: Brougham 1C0: Pickering (Cherrywood)* 1E0: Pickering (Claremont)* 1G0: Gormley 1H0: Greenwood 1J0: Locust Hill 1K0: Markham (Milliken)* 1L0: Stouffville* 1M0: Whitevale 0A1: Kleinburg 1A0: North York (Black Creek Village)* 1B0: Brampton (Huttonville)* 1C0: Kleinburg 1E0: Vaughan (Maple)* 1K0: Mississauga (Meadowvale)* 1A0: Bolton* 1B0: Campbellville 1C0: Caledon (Cheltenham)* 1E0: Hornby 1G0: Kilbride* 1H0: Limehouse 1J0: Moffat 1K0: Norval 1M0: Brampton (Snelgrove)* 1N0: Terra Cotta 1R0: Acton* 1A0: Alton 1B0: Caledon (Belfountain)* 1C0: Caledon (Caledon Village)* 1E0: Caledon East 1G0: Grand Valley 1H0: Honeywood 1J0: Horning’s Mills* 1K0: Caledon (Inglewood)* 1L0: Laurel* 1M0: Mansfield 1N0: Orton 1P0: Palgrave 1R0: Rosemont 1S0: Shelburne 1A0: Beeton 1B0: Bond Head 1C0: Bradford* 1E0: Cedar Valley 1H0: Holland Landing* 1J0: Kettleby* 1K0: King City* 1L0: Loretto 1M0: Mount Albert 1N0: Nobleton 1P0: Oak Ridges* 1R0: Queensville 1S0: River Drive Park* 1T0: Schomberg 1V0: Sharon 1W0: Tottenham 1X0: Lake Wilcox* 1Y0: Holland Landing*
Ontario Cities We Service: