Septic Tank Pumping – All what you need to know
We want to congratulate you on installing the septic tank.Responsible waste control is what few people in America practice and you are one of those people.Installation of the septic tank doesn´t come cheap therefore it must be installed carefully and responsibly.Septic tank must be maintained and in this article we will discuss how to do it.
Discharge of septic tank
When my tank should be pumped? How often do I have to do it? Is it possible to do it on my own? These three questions are most asked by our customers. The number of pumpings is determined by a few factors. How many of you live in your home? Employees, how many of them do you have? The number of people using the facilities in your house or your company determines how many times you need to clean and pump your septic tank. In addition to that, the size of your septic tank is another factor that will determine the frequency of pumping the waste. An ideal solution for a normal sized tank, it should be pumped once every two to three years. You might be required to clean and pump the tank twice in three years if you have a large organization. Could you pump your tank? Well, you can. There are homeowners who prefer to pump their septic tanks. Although, this is costly because you must have the right equipment to do that. In a addition to that, you need to transport that waste and dispose in the right place. The best solution is to hire professionals for cleaning and pumping your tank. In the business of of installing and maintaining septic tanks these professionals are armed with better equipment. Not to mention how they know where to take the sludge and ways to dispose it.
Price of pumping the Septic Tank
Determination of a cost of pumping a septic tank is based on how often you do the pumping. Standard cost is $300 in most states of America. Meaning, most homeowners will spend between $250 and $450. But if you leave your tank to accumulate waste for a long period of time, then you might spend up to $10000. The price of cleaning out will rise because of the waste that is left for years. There is a probability of replacing the tank.
Maintenance of the septic tank
You must do the following if you want to avoid spending thousands of dollars replacing your tank.
- Drawing a simple map showing where the tank is from your house or office.Make sure the distance between the two is indicated, as well as the depth and width of the tank.Most tanks are out of sight and odorless and it very important to indicate the above.
- Have a record of times of your tank inspections.Usually, septic tanks are inspected by local authorities.Doing a regular tank check and keeping the record of it is a must.These records should contain sufficient details of when, who and what happened during the inspection.
- Things like plastics, paper towels, diapers, chemotherapy drugs and anti-bacterial hand washing soaps should be avoided in disposal.The bacteria cannot decompose these things in the septic tank.
- You might be tempted to plant some shrub or trees over your tank sometimes.Maintaining the simple biological processes that go in your tank is very crucial.Doing so, it will prolong its life and save your money.
- On top of the tank you should avoid parking your car.Building structures over it should be avoided as well.Pressure on the tank will be put by buildings and vehicles and this can cause leakage.
- Very important to remember, the repair man should be able to locate your tank easily in a case of an emergency.
Septic Tank Cleaning nearby in Burlington
Your septic tank can be pumped by most plumbing companies who have the equipment.Local authorities can be at your service, too.You should deal with a reputable company.
Hire The Professionals
If you maintain your septic tank, it can last up to twenty years. The best care your septic tank can get is from you.Doing your work well, you will save a lot of money.Having the odorless tank is the best sign of well maintained tank.If you want to pump your tank and you don´t know who to call, contact MegaSeptic.
Services we provide:
Communities we service around Burlington, ON
1A0: Brougham 1C0: Pickering (Cherrywood)* 1E0: Pickering (Claremont)* 1G0: Gormley 1H0: Greenwood 1J0: Locust Hill 1K0: Markham (Milliken)* 1L0: Stouffville* 1M0: Whitevale 0A1: Kleinburg 1A0: North York (Black Creek Village)* 1B0: Brampton (Huttonville)* 1C0: Kleinburg 1E0: Vaughan (Maple)* 1K0: Mississauga (Meadowvale)* 1A0: Bolton* 1B0: Campbellville 1C0: Caledon (Cheltenham)* 1E0: Hornby 1G0: Kilbride* 1H0: Limehouse 1J0: Moffat 1K0: Norval 1M0: Brampton (Snelgrove)* 1N0: Terra Cotta 1R0: Acton* 1A0: Alton 1B0: Caledon (Belfountain)* 1C0: Caledon (Caledon Village)* 1E0: Caledon East 1G0: Grand Valley 1H0: Honeywood 1J0: Horning’s Mills* 1K0: Caledon (Inglewood)* 1L0: Laurel* 1M0: Mansfield 1N0: Orton 1P0: Palgrave 1R0: Rosemont 1S0: Shelburne 1A0: Beeton 1B0: Bond Head 1C0: Bradford* 1E0: Cedar Valley 1H0: Holland Landing* 1J0: Kettleby* 1K0: King City* 1L0: Loretto 1M0: Mount Albert 1N0: Nobleton 1P0: Oak Ridges* 1R0: Queensville 1S0: River Drive Park* 1T0: Schomberg 1V0: Sharon 1W0: Tottenham 1X0: Lake Wilcox* 1Y0: Holland Landing*
Ontario Cities We Service: