Septic Tank Pumping – All what you need to know
We want to congratulate you on installing the septic tank.Few people in America want to control their waste responsibly and you are one of them.Installation of the septic tank doesn´t come cheap therefore it must be installed carefully and responsibly.Maintenance of the septic tank is the main topic of this article.
Emptying the septic tank
When my tank should be pumped? How often do I have to do it? Can I do it by myself? These two questions are most asked by our customers. The number of pumpings is determined by a few factors. How many people reside in your home? Employees, how many of them do you have? How many times you will need to clean and pump your septic tank depends on the number of people using the facilities in your house or your company. Adding to that, the size of your septic tank is another factor which determines the frequency of pumping out the waste. An ideal solution for a normal sized tank, it should be pumped once every two to three years. In a case of a large organization, you might be required to clean and pump the tank twice in three years. Could you pump your tank? Well, the answer is yes. Some homeowners prefer to pump their septic tanks. But it can be costly because you must have the right equipment to do that. Besides, you need to transport that waste and dispose it in the right place. Cleaning and pumping your tank should be left to professionals. In the business of of installing and maintaining septic tanks these professionals are armed with better equipment. Where to take the sludge and ways to dispose it is something what they know as well.
Charge of Septic Tank Pumping
How often you do the pumping will determine the cost of pumping a septic tank. Around $300 is the average cost in most states of America. Meaning, most homeowners will spend between $250 and $450. Although, leaving your tank to accumulate waste for a long period of time could cost you up to $10000. The price rises because waste taht is left for years is more difficult to clean out. Probably you will have to replace the tank, too.
Maintenance of the septic tank
To avoid spending thousands of dollars for tank replacement, you must do the following.
- A simple map drawn that shows where the tank is from your house or office.The distance between the two should be indicated, as well as the depth and the width of the tank.Very important to have that indicated since more tanks are out of sight and odorless.
- Have a record of times of your tank inspections.Local authorities usually inspect septic tanks.Checking the tank and keeping a record of it has to be done regularly.Details of when, who and what happened during the inspection must be written in these records.
- Make sure that thing like plastics, paper towels, diapers, chemotherapy drugs and anti-bacterial hand washing soaps are avoided in disposal.In the septic tank, a bacteria cannot decompose these things.
- You could get tempted to plant some shrub or trees over you tank.The importance is to maintain the simple biological processes that go in the tank.This should extend its life and save your money.
- Keep your car off the top of the tank.Building structures over it should be avoided too.Buildings and vehicles can cause leakage by putting the pressure on the tank.
- In case of an emergency, remember that the repair man should be able to locate your tank easily.
Septic Tank Cleaning Near Me in Halton Hills
Majority of plumbing companies have the equipment that can pump your septic tank.Local authorities offer you the services too.Dealing with reputable company is what we recommend.
Hire The Professionals
If you maintain your septic tank, it can last up to twenty years. The best care your septic tank can get is from you.You will save a lot of money if you do your work well.Important to know, a well maintained tank is also odorless.If you want to pump your tank and you don´t know who to call, contact MegaSeptic.
Services we provide:
Communities we service around Halton Hills, ON
1A0: Brougham 1C0: Pickering (Cherrywood)* 1E0: Pickering (Claremont)* 1G0: Gormley 1H0: Greenwood 1J0: Locust Hill 1K0: Markham (Milliken)* 1L0: Stouffville* 1M0: Whitevale 0A1: Kleinburg 1A0: North York (Black Creek Village)* 1B0: Brampton (Huttonville)* 1C0: Kleinburg 1E0: Vaughan (Maple)* 1K0: Mississauga (Meadowvale)* 1A0: Bolton* 1B0: Campbellville 1C0: Caledon (Cheltenham)* 1E0: Hornby 1G0: Kilbride* 1H0: Limehouse 1J0: Moffat 1K0: Norval 1M0: Brampton (Snelgrove)* 1N0: Terra Cotta 1R0: Acton* 1A0: Alton 1B0: Caledon (Belfountain)* 1C0: Caledon (Caledon Village)* 1E0: Caledon East 1G0: Grand Valley 1H0: Honeywood 1J0: Horning’s Mills* 1K0: Caledon (Inglewood)* 1L0: Laurel* 1M0: Mansfield 1N0: Orton 1P0: Palgrave 1R0: Rosemont 1S0: Shelburne 1A0: Beeton 1B0: Bond Head 1C0: Bradford* 1E0: Cedar Valley 1H0: Holland Landing* 1J0: Kettleby* 1K0: King City* 1L0: Loretto 1M0: Mount Albert 1N0: Nobleton 1P0: Oak Ridges* 1R0: Queensville 1S0: River Drive Park* 1T0: Schomberg 1V0: Sharon 1W0: Tottenham 1X0: Lake Wilcox* 1Y0: Holland Landing*
Ontario Cities We Service: