All you need to Know About Septic Tank Pumping
New septic tank installed, congratulations!Few people in America control their waste responsibly and you joined to be one of them.Septic Tank must be installed with care and responsibly because it is not a cheap installation.Main topic of this article will be how to maintain a septic tank.
Septic Tank Pumping
Is there a schedule of when I should pump my tank? At what intervals should I do it? Is it possible to do it on my own? These two questions are most common by our customers. To determine the number of times you need to do the pumping, it needs to be checked by a few factors. In your home, how many people live? What is the number of employees working for you? How many times you will need to clean and pump your septic tank depends on the number of people using the facilities in your house or your company. Adding to that, the size of your tank is a very important factor which determines the frequency of pumping out the waste. An ideal solution for a normal sized tank, it should be pumped once every two to three years. In a case of a large organization, you might be required to clean and pump the tank twice in three years. Is it possible to pump your tank by you? Well, yes, you could. Some homeowners prefer to pump their septic tanks. But it can be costly because you must have the right equipment to do that. On top of that, you need to transport that waste and dispose it in the right place. Cleaning and pumping your tank should be left to professionals. These professionals, who are in the business of installing and maintaining septic tanks, are armed with better equipment. Also, they know where to take the sludge and ways to dispose it.
Septic Tank Pumping expense
Determination of a cost of pumping a septic tank is based on how often you do the pumping. The average cost is $300 in most states of America. Most homeowners will spend between $250 and $450 is what that really means. Leaving your tank to accumulate waste for a long period of time wouldn´t be recommended because you could spend up to $10000. Leaving the waste for years will rise the price making it more difficult to clean out. There is also a possibility of replacing the tank.
Maintenance of the septic tank
If you don´t prefer spending thousands of dollars replacing your tank, then you must do the following.
- A simple map should be drawed which shows where the tank is from your house or office.The distance between the two should be indicated, as well as the depth and the width of the tank.Very important this is because most thanks are out of sight and odorless.
- Keep a record of the times your tank has been inspected.Most inspections of septic tanks are being done by local authorities.You have the obligation to check the tank on regular basis and keep a record of that as well.Details of when, who and what happened during the inspection must be written in these records.
- Things like plastics, paper towels, diapers, chemotherapy drugs and anti-bacterial hand washing soaps should be avoided in disposal.In the septic tank, a bacteria cannot decompose these things.
- You might be tempted to plant some shrub or trees over your tank sometimes.The importance is to maintain the simple biological processes that go in the tank.This should extend its life and save your money.
- On top of the tank you should avoid parking your car.Resist the building structures over it.Leakage is caused by buildings and vehicles which put pressure on the tank.
- Very important, remember, in case of an emergency the repair man should be able to locate your tank easily.
Septic Tank Cleaning nearby in Oshawa
The equipment that most plumbing companies have, can pump your septic tank.Local authorities can be at your service, too.You should deal with a reputable company.
The Pros for Hire
If you maintain your septic tank, it can last up to twenty years. Your tank should expect the best care from you.Doing your work well is saving you a lot of money.Having the odorless tank is the best sign of well maintained tank.If you want to pump your tank and you don´t know who to call, contact MegaSeptic.
Services we provide:
Communities we service around Oshawa, ON
1A0: Brougham 1C0: Pickering (Cherrywood)* 1E0: Pickering (Claremont)* 1G0: Gormley 1H0: Greenwood 1J0: Locust Hill 1K0: Markham (Milliken)* 1L0: Stouffville* 1M0: Whitevale 0A1: Kleinburg 1A0: North York (Black Creek Village)* 1B0: Brampton (Huttonville)* 1C0: Kleinburg 1E0: Vaughan (Maple)* 1K0: Mississauga (Meadowvale)* 1A0: Bolton* 1B0: Campbellville 1C0: Caledon (Cheltenham)* 1E0: Hornby 1G0: Kilbride* 1H0: Limehouse 1J0: Moffat 1K0: Norval 1M0: Brampton (Snelgrove)* 1N0: Terra Cotta 1R0: Acton* 1A0: Alton 1B0: Caledon (Belfountain)* 1C0: Caledon (Caledon Village)* 1E0: Caledon East 1G0: Grand Valley 1H0: Honeywood 1J0: Horning’s Mills* 1K0: Caledon (Inglewood)* 1L0: Laurel* 1M0: Mansfield 1N0: Orton 1P0: Palgrave 1R0: Rosemont 1S0: Shelburne 1A0: Beeton 1B0: Bond Head 1C0: Bradford* 1E0: Cedar Valley 1H0: Holland Landing* 1J0: Kettleby* 1K0: King City* 1L0: Loretto 1M0: Mount Albert 1N0: Nobleton 1P0: Oak Ridges* 1R0: Queensville 1S0: River Drive Park* 1T0: Schomberg 1V0: Sharon 1W0: Tottenham 1X0: Lake Wilcox* 1Y0: Holland Landing*
Ontario Cities We Service: