Septic Tank Pumping – All what you need to know
New septic tank installed, congratulations!Controlling the waste responsibly is what few people do in America and you are one of them.With care and responsibility a septic tank must be installed because it doesn´t come cheap.In this article we will discuss how to maintain a septic tank.
Pumping of the septic tank
When my tank should be pumped? How often do I have to do it? Can it be done by myself? Many customers use to ask these two questions. To determine the number of times you need to do the pumping, it needs to be checked by a few factors. How many people reside in your home? Employees, how many of them do you have? How many times you will need to clean and pump your septic tank depends on the number of people using the facilities in your house or your company. Adding to that, the size of your septic tank is another factor which determines the frequency of pumping out the waste. A normal sized tank ideally should be pumped once every two to three years. In a case of a large organization, you might be required to clean and pump the tank twice in three years. Could you pump your tank? Well, you could. Some septic tanks are being pumped by their homeowners. Although, this is costly because you must have the right equipment to do that. Furthermore, you need to transport that waste and dispose it in right place. The best solution is to hire professionals for cleaning and pumping your tank. Armed with better equipment, these professionals are in the business of installing and maintaining septic tanks. Also, they know where to take the sludge and ways to dispose it.
Charge of Septic Tank Pumping
The cost of pumping a septic tank varies on how many times you do the pumping. Around $300 is the average cost in most states of America. Meaning, most homeowners will spend between $250 and $450. But if you leave your tank to accumulate waste for a long period of time, then you might spend up to $10000. The price of cleaning out will rise because of the waste that is left for years. More likely you would be asked to replace the tank, too.
Maintenance of the septic tank
You must do the following if you want to avoid spending thousands of dollars replacing your tank.
- A simple map drawn that shows where the tank is from your house or office.You should indicate the distance between the two, as well as the depth and width of the tank.It is very important since most tanks are out of sight and odorless.
- Keep the log of the times your tank has been inspected.Most inspections of septic tanks are being done by local authorities.Checking the tank and keeping a record of it has to be done regularly.Obligatory in these records, details of when, who and what happened during the inspection, must be written down.
- Make sure that thing like plastics, paper towels, diapers, chemotherapy drugs and anti-bacterial hand washing soaps are avoided in disposal.The bacteria cannot decompose these things in the septic tank.
- You might get the temptation to plant some shrub or trees over your tank.Maintaining the simple biological processes that go in your tank is very crucial.It will prolong its life and it will save your money.
- On top of the tank you should avoid parking your car.Building structures over it should be avoided too.Buildings and vehicles can cause leakage by putting the pressure on the tank.
- Important to note, in case of an emergency the repair man should be able to locate your tank easily.
Septic Tank Cleaning near My House in Stouffville
The equipment that most plumbing companies have, can pump your septic tank.Local authorities offer you the services too.You should deal with a reputable company.
Hiring the Pros
With proper maintenance, your septic tank can last up to twenty years.Your tank should expect the best care from you.You will save a lot of money if you do your work well.To avoid the bad odor, remember, you have to have your tank well maintained.In case you don´t know who to call to pump your tank, contact MegaSeptic.
Services we provide:
Communities we service around Stouffville, ON
1A0: Brougham 1C0: Pickering (Cherrywood)* 1E0: Pickering (Claremont)* 1G0: Gormley 1H0: Greenwood 1J0: Locust Hill 1K0: Markham (Milliken)* 1L0: Stouffville* 1M0: Whitevale 0A1: Kleinburg 1A0: North York (Black Creek Village)* 1B0: Brampton (Huttonville)* 1C0: Kleinburg 1E0: Vaughan (Maple)* 1K0: Mississauga (Meadowvale)* 1A0: Bolton* 1B0: Campbellville 1C0: Caledon (Cheltenham)* 1E0: Hornby 1G0: Kilbride* 1H0: Limehouse 1J0: Moffat 1K0: Norval 1M0: Brampton (Snelgrove)* 1N0: Terra Cotta 1R0: Acton* 1A0: Alton 1B0: Caledon (Belfountain)* 1C0: Caledon (Caledon Village)* 1E0: Caledon East 1G0: Grand Valley 1H0: Honeywood 1J0: Horning’s Mills* 1K0: Caledon (Inglewood)* 1L0: Laurel* 1M0: Mansfield 1N0: Orton 1P0: Palgrave 1R0: Rosemont 1S0: Shelburne 1A0: Beeton 1B0: Bond Head 1C0: Bradford* 1E0: Cedar Valley 1H0: Holland Landing* 1J0: Kettleby* 1K0: King City* 1L0: Loretto 1M0: Mount Albert 1N0: Nobleton 1P0: Oak Ridges* 1R0: Queensville 1S0: River Drive Park* 1T0: Schomberg 1V0: Sharon 1W0: Tottenham 1X0: Lake Wilcox* 1Y0: Holland Landing*
Ontario Cities We Service: