Most important facts you need to know about septic tank pumping
New septic tank installed, congratulations!Few people in America control their waste responsibly and you joined to be one of them.Installation of the septic tank doesn´t come cheap therefore it must be installed carefully and responsibly.Septic tank must be maintained and in this article we will discuss how to do it.
Pumping of the septic tank
When do I have to pump my tank? How many times in a year should I do it? Could I do it on my own? Many customers are prone to ask these three questions. The number of pumpings is determined by a few factors. How many of your family members live in your home? How many people are working for you? Depending on the number of people using your facilities in your house or company determines how many times you will need to pump and clean your septic tank. In addition to that, the size of your septic tank is another factor that will determine the frequency of pumping the waste. An ideal solution for a normal sized tank, it should be pumped once every two to three years. It is required to clean and pump the tank twice in three years in a case if you have large organization. Is it possible to pump your tank by you? Well, you can. Some homeowners prefer to pump their septic tanks. This is costly, however, because you must have the right equipment to do that. Furthermore, you need to transport that waste and dispose it in right place. The best possible solution is to have professionals clean and pump your tank. These professionals in the business of installing and maintaining septic tanks are armed with better equipment. Also, they know where to take the sludge and ways to dispose it.
Septic Tank Pumping Cost
Number of pumping determines the cost of pumping a septic tank. Around $300 is the average cost in most states of America. According to that, most homeowners will spend between $250 and $450. Leaving your tank to accumulate waste for a long period of time wouldn´t be recommended because you could spend up to $10000. The cost would rise that high beacuse waste that is left for years is more difficult to clean out. Probably you will have to replace the tank, too.
Maintenance of the septic tank
If you don´t prefer spending thousands of dollars replacing your tank, then you must do the following.
- A simple map should be drawed which shows where the tank is from your house or office.You should indicate the distance between the two, as well as the depth and width of the tank.Very important this is because most thanks are out of sight and odorless.
- Have a record of times of your tank inspections.Usually, septic tanks are inspected by local authorities.You have the obligation to check the tank on regular basis and keep a record of that as well.These records should contain sufficient details of when, who and what happened during the inspection.
- Things like plastics, paper towels, diapers, chemotherapy drugs and anti-bacterial hand washing soaps should be avoided in disposal.In the septic tank, a bacteria cannot decompose these things.
- You might be tempted to plant some shrub or trees over your tank sometimes.Maintaining the simple biological processes that go in your tank is very crucial.This should extend its life and save your money.
- Parking your car on top of the tank should be avoided.Resist the building structures over it.Buildings and vehicles can cause leakage by putting the pressure on the tank.
- Very important, remember, in case of an emergency the repair man should be able to locate your tank easily.
Septic Tank Cleaning near My House in Whitby
The equipment that most plumbing companies have, can pump your septic tank.The services are offered by the local authorities too.You should deal with a reputable company.
Hire The Professionals
If you maintain your septic tank, it can last up to twenty years. The best care taker of your tank is you.Doing your work well, you will save a lot of money.Having the odorless tank is the best sign of well maintained tank.In case you don´t know who to call to pump your tank, contact MegaSeptic.
Services we provide:
Communities we service around Whitby, ON
1A0: Brougham 1C0: Pickering (Cherrywood)* 1E0: Pickering (Claremont)* 1G0: Gormley 1H0: Greenwood 1J0: Locust Hill 1K0: Markham (Milliken)* 1L0: Stouffville* 1M0: Whitevale 0A1: Kleinburg 1A0: North York (Black Creek Village)* 1B0: Brampton (Huttonville)* 1C0: Kleinburg 1E0: Vaughan (Maple)* 1K0: Mississauga (Meadowvale)* 1A0: Bolton* 1B0: Campbellville 1C0: Caledon (Cheltenham)* 1E0: Hornby 1G0: Kilbride* 1H0: Limehouse 1J0: Moffat 1K0: Norval 1M0: Brampton (Snelgrove)* 1N0: Terra Cotta 1R0: Acton* 1A0: Alton 1B0: Caledon (Belfountain)* 1C0: Caledon (Caledon Village)* 1E0: Caledon East 1G0: Grand Valley 1H0: Honeywood 1J0: Horning’s Mills* 1K0: Caledon (Inglewood)* 1L0: Laurel* 1M0: Mansfield 1N0: Orton 1P0: Palgrave 1R0: Rosemont 1S0: Shelburne 1A0: Beeton 1B0: Bond Head 1C0: Bradford* 1E0: Cedar Valley 1H0: Holland Landing* 1J0: Kettleby* 1K0: King City* 1L0: Loretto 1M0: Mount Albert 1N0: Nobleton 1P0: Oak Ridges* 1R0: Queensville 1S0: River Drive Park* 1T0: Schomberg 1V0: Sharon 1W0: Tottenham 1X0: Lake Wilcox* 1Y0: Holland Landing*
Ontario Cities We Service: