Septic tank pumping – the important facts you need to know
New septic tank installed, congratulations!Responsible waste control is what few people in America practice and you are one of those people.With care and responsibility a septic tank must be installed because it doesn´t come cheap.Septic tank must be maintained and in this article we will discuss how to do it.
Emptying the septic tank
Is there a schedule of when I should pump my tank? At what intervals should I do it? Could I do it on my own? These three questions are most asked by our customers. How many times you will need to do the pumping will be determined by a few factors. How many of you live in your home? What is the number of employees working for you? How many times you will need to clean and pump your septic tank depends on the number of people using the facilities in your house or your company. In addition to that, the size of your septic tank is another factor that will determine the frequency of pumping the waste. Pumping once every two to three years should be ideal for a normal sized tank. In a case of a large organization, you might be required to clean and pump the tank twice in three years. Can you pump your own tank? Well, you can. There are homeowners in existence who prefer to pump their septic tanks. Although, this is costly because you must have the right equipment to do that. Besides, you need to transport that waste and dispose it in the right place. Having professionals clean and pump your tank is the best possible solution. Armed with better equipment, these professionals are in the business of installing and maintaining septic tanks. Where to take the sludge and ways to dispose it is something what they know as well.
Charge of Septic Tank Pumping
How often you do the pumping will determine the cost of pumping a septic tank. Around $300 is the average cost in most states of America. Meaning, most homeowners will spend between $250 and $450. But if you leave your tank to accumulate waste for a long period of time, then you might spend up to $10000. The price of cleaning out will rise because of the waste that is left for years. Probably you will have to replace the tank, too.
Maintenance of the septic tank
You must do the following if you want to avoid spending thousands of dollars replacing your tank.
- A simple map should be drawed which shows where the tank is from your house or office.The distance between the two should be indicated, as well as the depth and the width of the tank.Very important this is because most thanks are out of sight and odorless.
- Keeping the record of the times your tank has been inspected is desirable.Usually, septic tanks are inspected by local authorities.You are obligated to check the tank regularly and keep a record of that as well.These records should contain sufficient details of when, who and what happened during the inspection.
- Make sure that thing like plastics, paper towels, diapers, chemotherapy drugs and anti-bacterial hand washing soaps are avoided in disposal.In the septic tank, a bacteria cannot decompose these things.
- You might get the temptation to plant some shrub or trees over your tank.Maintaining the simple biological processes that go in your tank is very crucial.This should extend its life and save your money.
- Parking your car on top of the tank should be avoided.Over it, building structures should be resisted.Leakage is caused by buildings and vehicles which put pressure on the tank.
- Very important, remember, in case of an emergency the repair man should be able to locate your tank easily.
Septic Tank Cleaning nearby in Lincoln
The equipment that most plumbing companies have, can pump your septic tank.Local authorities offer you the services too.See to it to deal with a reputable company.
Hiring the Pros
With proper maintenance, your septic tank can last up to twenty years.The best care taker of your tank is you.Doing your work well is saving you a lot of money.To have an odorless tank you need to have it well maintained.You don´t know who to call to pump your tank, then contact MegaSeptic.
Services we provide:
Communities we service around Lincoln, ON
1A0: Brougham 1C0: Pickering (Cherrywood)* 1E0: Pickering (Claremont)* 1G0: Gormley 1H0: Greenwood 1J0: Locust Hill 1K0: Markham (Milliken)* 1L0: Stouffville* 1M0: Whitevale 0A1: Kleinburg 1A0: North York (Black Creek Village)* 1B0: Brampton (Huttonville)* 1C0: Kleinburg 1E0: Vaughan (Maple)* 1K0: Mississauga (Meadowvale)* 1A0: Bolton* 1B0: Campbellville 1C0: Caledon (Cheltenham)* 1E0: Hornby 1G0: Kilbride* 1H0: Limehouse 1J0: Moffat 1K0: Norval 1M0: Brampton (Snelgrove)* 1N0: Terra Cotta 1R0: Acton* 1A0: Alton 1B0: Caledon (Belfountain)* 1C0: Caledon (Caledon Village)* 1E0: Caledon East 1G0: Grand Valley 1H0: Honeywood 1J0: Horning’s Mills* 1K0: Caledon (Inglewood)* 1L0: Laurel* 1M0: Mansfield 1N0: Orton 1P0: Palgrave 1R0: Rosemont 1S0: Shelburne 1A0: Beeton 1B0: Bond Head 1C0: Bradford* 1E0: Cedar Valley 1H0: Holland Landing* 1J0: Kettleby* 1K0: King City* 1L0: Loretto 1M0: Mount Albert 1N0: Nobleton 1P0: Oak Ridges* 1R0: Queensville 1S0: River Drive Park* 1T0: Schomberg 1V0: Sharon 1W0: Tottenham 1X0: Lake Wilcox* 1Y0: Holland Landing*
Ontario Cities We Service: