Most important facts you need to know about septic tank pumping
You have just installed new septic tank, congratulations!Controlling the waste responsibly is what few people do in America and you are one of them.Septic Tank must be installed with care and responsibly because it is not a cheap installation.Septic tank must be maintained and in this article we will discuss how to do it.
Septic Tank Pumping
When my tank should be pumped? At what intervals should I do it? Can I do it by myself? These two questions are most common by our customers. The number of pumpings is determined by a few factors. How many people reside in your home? How many employees do you employ? How many times you will need to clean and pump your septic tank depends on the number of people using the facilities in your house or your company. In addition to that, the size of your septic tank is another factor that will determine the frequency of pumping the waste. A normal sized tank should be pumped once every two to three years ideally. In a case of a large organization, you might be required to clean and pump the tank twice in three years. Can you pump your own tank? Well, you could. There are homeowners who prefer to pump their septic tanks. But it can be costly because you must have the right equipment to do that. Besides, you need to transport that waste and dispose it in the right place. Having professionals clean and pump your tank is the best possible solution. Armed with better equipment, these professionals are in the business of installing and maintaining septic tanks. Also, they know where to take the sludge and ways to dispose it.
Cost of Septic Tank Pumping
Number of pumping determines the cost of pumping a septic tank. Standard cost is $300 in most states of America. What that means is that most homeowners will spend between $250 and $450. Leaving your tank to accumulate waste for a long period of time wouldn´t be recommended because you could spend up to $10000. The price of cleaning out will rise because of the waste that is left for years. More likely you would be asked to replace the tank, too.
Maintenance of the septic tank
To avoid spending thousands of dollars for tank replacement, you must do the following.
- A simple map drawn that shows where the tank is from your house or office.The distance between the two should be indicated, as well as the depth and the width of the tank.It is very important since most tanks are out of sight and odorless.
- Have a record of times of your tank inspections.Most inspections of septic tanks are being done by local authorities.Checking the tank and keeping a record of it has to be done regularly.Details of when, who and what happened during the inspection must be written in these records.
- Make sure that thing like plastics, paper towels, diapers, chemotherapy drugs and anti-bacterial hand washing soaps are avoided in disposal.In the septic tank, a bacteria cannot decompose these things.
- Planting some shrub or trees over your tank could be tempting for you sometimes.The importance is to maintain the simple biological processes that go in the tank.It will prolong its life and it will save your money.
- You should avoid parking your car on top of the tank.Over it, building structures should be resisted.Leakage is caused by buildings and vehicles which put pressure on the tank.
- Important to note, in case of an emergency the repair man should be able to locate your tank easily.
Septic Tank Cleaning in Caledon
Majority of plumbing companies have the equipment that can pump your septic tank.The services are offered by the local authorities too.See to it to deal with a reputable company.
Hire The Professionals
Up to twenty years a well maintained tank can last.The best care taker of your tank is you.Doing your work well, you will save a lot of money.Having the odorless tank is the best sign of well maintained tank.You don´t know who to call to pump your tank, then contact MegaSeptic.
Services we provide:
Communities we service around Caledon, ON
1A0: Brougham 1C0: Pickering (Cherrywood)* 1E0: Pickering (Claremont)* 1G0: Gormley 1H0: Greenwood 1J0: Locust Hill 1K0: Markham (Milliken)* 1L0: Stouffville* 1M0: Whitevale 0A1: Kleinburg 1A0: North York (Black Creek Village)* 1B0: Brampton (Huttonville)* 1C0: Kleinburg 1E0: Vaughan (Maple)* 1K0: Mississauga (Meadowvale)* 1A0: Bolton* 1B0: Campbellville 1C0: Caledon (Cheltenham)* 1E0: Hornby 1G0: Kilbride* 1H0: Limehouse 1J0: Moffat 1K0: Norval 1M0: Brampton (Snelgrove)* 1N0: Terra Cotta 1R0: Acton* 1A0: Alton 1B0: Caledon (Belfountain)* 1C0: Caledon (Caledon Village)* 1E0: Caledon East 1G0: Grand Valley 1H0: Honeywood 1J0: Horning’s Mills* 1K0: Caledon (Inglewood)* 1L0: Laurel* 1M0: Mansfield 1N0: Orton 1P0: Palgrave 1R0: Rosemont 1S0: Shelburne 1A0: Beeton 1B0: Bond Head 1C0: Bradford* 1E0: Cedar Valley 1H0: Holland Landing* 1J0: Kettleby* 1K0: King City* 1L0: Loretto 1M0: Mount Albert 1N0: Nobleton 1P0: Oak Ridges* 1R0: Queensville 1S0: River Drive Park* 1T0: Schomberg 1V0: Sharon 1W0: Tottenham 1X0: Lake Wilcox* 1Y0: Holland Landing*
Ontario Cities We Service: